Who doesn’t love volume in the right places?
Unfortunately, as we grow older we lose fullness where we want it most. And when we lose that underlying structure, we see loose skin that ages us.
Today, you can do what your mother only dreamed of – put the volume back. Beautifully. Lips look younger, cheeks look higher, lines are softened and in the right places – the face is lifted. The effect lasts from six months, to two years depending on the volumizer that’s right for you. We use:
- Restylane – Great for lips, because of the size of its molecule – it adds shape and fullness, but without that “over filled” look.
- Restylane Lyft – previously known as Perlane-L®, is an injectable used to treat volume loss in the cheek and wrinkles in the face
- Restylane Silk – Has the same great smoothing, shaping and fullness affects of Restylane but includes the numbing agent lidocaine.
- Voluma – The longest lasting filler available, up to two years, it’s great in larger areas like cheeks;
- Radiesse – Is a long lasting filler that also stimulates your body to produce its own collagen. It’s particularly great for deep wrinkles and folds;
- Sculptra – Builds volume over time, because it works by causing your body to build its own collagen. Great for subtle long lasting results, instead of immediate dramatic results.
All volumizers include lidocaine, an instant pain reliever. You will feel a prick and some pressure. That’s it.
You may experience some swelling for a day, an some bruising which can last longer. To minimize the chance of bruising, refrain from strenuous exercise for at least a day. A cold pack on the injection sites for a few hours after treatment will minimize any swelling.
As for any injectables, cut out vitamin and fish oils, aspirin, and red wine five days ahead of time, and for three days after treatment, to minimize the chance of bruising or swelling.